Monday, March 03, 2008

Today marks an ominous anniversary for me.

It has been exactly one year since my Mother's passing. I received a single rose today in remembrance of her. It was a lovely gift and I felt honored that someone else remembered me and her. I was taken aback that someone actually bought me a flower, in particular a red rose.

Considering that a single red rose embodies love, I felt that it was very special and a perfect thing to do. I know sometimes how hard it is to lose someone special.
I also applaud those who remember those times with you and how special it is knowing that you are cared about.

I still have a couple of the plants from the funeral and a rose we pressed in a book.
going through some of my Mom's things we found an old florists card from her past and I thought wow that shop is still in business in the same town where we grew up.

So I sat remembering many things today, laughs and silly things. Saturday mornings and rocking chairs. Looking for special rocks and watching the "red-birds" that she was so fond of. Life goes on, although a bit sadder at times.

I miss you Mom...

No comments: